Thursday, June 05, 2008

Summer Reading Challenge

Parents are always asking for summer reading lists. Students rarely do. I have many fond memories of hanging out at the public library browsing and reading whatever struck my fancy, but I do know that sometimes it's hard. If you are or live with a reluctant reader, talk to your public librarians. Be specific about what you want or they can't help you as well.

This list is for readers who want a bit of a challenge. Most of these are Classics, but at one time or another I loved them all.

Bellairs, John. A House with a Clock in its Walls.
Bradbury, Ray. Fahenheit 451
Farley, Walter. The Black Stallion.
Fitzgerald. The Great Brain.
Juster, Norton. The Phantom Tollbooth.
L'Engle, Madeleine. A Wrinkle in Time.
Rawls, Wilson. Where the Red Fern Grows.

Just for girls:
Alcott, Louisa May. Eight Cousins.
Greene, Bette. Summer of My German Soldier.
Montgomery, L.M. Anne of Green Gables.

No comments:

Post a Comment