Friday, February 19, 2010

More paranormal romance











I loved all of Rachel Hawthorne's "pink" novels, which is why I bought her Dark Guardian novels without reading them. Despite the puffy lipped, pouting models on the covers. At $12.87 each in prebind, they were money well spent, since they have been flying off the shelves to readers of Twilight.

It's best to stop now. Can't say anything nice, and all that. I'll buy the fourth book, Shadow of the Moon, but these were personally painful for me to read. The very first page had this rumination: "Was I ready for this? Was I ready for a kiss that would change my life? I knew that if he kissed me I'd never be the same again. That we would never be the same. That our relationship would shift--"

Vampires, werewolves, whatever. All I could think was sweetie, your big romance is still going to end with you folding socks in the laundry room. Get over him.

All descriptions from the publisher and found on Titlewave.

Moonlight: While working as a wilderness guide in the national forest where her parents were killed twelve years earlier, seventeen-year-old Kayla is powerfully drawn to Lucas, who she learns is her appointed guardian--and much more--as she discovers her true identity and destiny.

Full Moon: As the time for her werewolf transformation draws near and a deadly threat to the Dark Guardians escalates, Lindsey finds herself increasingly captivated by Rafe despite her long-standing commitment to Connor.

Dark of the Moon:Seventeen-year-old Brittany was born into a secret community of werewolves, but when she fails to transform at her apppointed time, she fears that she will never truly belong.

1 comment:

  1. Ms. Yingling, what is different today? Both of today's posts has such beautiful little gems, little turns of phrase and observations that made me giggle into my coffee. I always love your posts, but I think there is a little something extra today. Well done.
    (I fold 90% of the laundry, but my husband folds the socks.)

    ReplyDelete