Friday, May 21, 2010

Guy Friday versus The End of the Year

I never count down the days until the end of school because I would far rather be here cleaning than at home. However, someone pointed out that we have just 12 days left in the year.

Anyone have a paper bag into which I can breathe?

Library renovation begins soon and the architects have not met with us, there are still 50 lost books I need to track down, I don't have orders in place for August, equipment needs to be inventoried, shelves mapped for the move, parents called about lost books, Summer Intervention books pulled, etc. etc. And then I need to pack up everything and move it into the cafeteria.

I think Guy Friday might because DYI Friday or something. Anyone but me care about my library renovation?

Oh, and so everyone knows, I think Betty White is stalking me:
http://www.wickedlocalparents.com/picketfencepost/2010/05/20/betty-white-continues-her-campaign-to-take-over-television-one-show-at-a-time/


I missed the episode of The Middle where she plays a librarian, but I swear she's wearing one of my cardigans, and I also refer to the library books as "my babies"!

It's going to get worse before it gets better, but I WILL continue posting a book or two every week day!

3 comments:

  1. I, for one, would love to hear the continuing saga of the library renovation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty White was hilarious as the librarian--maybe you can catch it on Hulu or one of those sites where you can watch TV on the computer! Worth checking out when school is over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We moved from old school to a brand new building over winter break. It was crazy, packing books up then unpacking and getting them all up on shelves in order! You are just the SuperHeroLibrarian to get the job done though! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete