Friday, September 03, 2010

A return to books and only books

My apologies. The goal of this blog is to deliver short reviews of as many middle grade books as possible and to shy away from personal issues, and even literacy, publishing and other issues. Lately, I have failed, and for that, I am sorry.

Now the library renovation is done, the school's two new administrators are in place, the schedule difficulties are ironed out, my home computer is back after a month in the shop, and I have books coming from the public library! I will be back to all books, all the time. I promise.

I'm ignoring my union; if they don't care if I read and blog, great. They might as well ask me to stop breathing.

Thanks to all of my readers who have stuck by me. I know that I never mind finding out more about the bloggers I read-- I hope that Jen Robinson and Baby Bookworm are thriving, that the guys who used to work with Boys Read, Boys Rule have found jobs, that Teacher Ninja continues to be awesome at his new job, and that the adoption of Bluestocking's baby boy goes well. The Kidlitosphere is a tremendous resource for new titles, but also a comfortable place for me to "hang out" with other librarians.

And look what is waiting for me, maybe TODAY, from the public library!!!!!!

Procession of the dead / Darren Shan.
Fern Verdant and the Silver Rose / Diana Leszczynski.
As if being 12 3/4 isn't bad enough, my mother is running for president! / Donna Gephart.
The hard kind of promise / by Gina Willner-Pardo.
Love bites / Ellen Schreiber.
The Prince of Mist / Carlos Ruiz Zafón ; translated by Lucia Graves.
Through thick and thin / Alison Pace.
Blade : out of the shadows / Tim Bowler.
No safe place / Deborah Ellis.
Harmonic feedback / Tara Kelly.
Shade / Jeri Smith-Ready.
Vampire High : sophomore year / Douglas Rees.
The shadow hunt / Katherine Langrish.

And sometimes, while I am looking for middle grade books, other things show up on the screen that I just have to read:
Home : a memoir of my early years / Julie Andrews.
This time together : laughter and reflection / by Carol Burnett.
Sweater quest : my year of knitting dangerously / Adrienne Martini.

Hey, Julie Andrews Edwards is a young adult author, right?

September is about new years and new beginnings. It'll be great.

2 comments:

  1. snap--The Prince of Mist is waiting for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It WILL be great! But hey, I LIKE hearing about the changes to the library so I don't mind if you keep us up to date on how that's going!

    ReplyDelete