Monday, August 22, 2016

MMGM- Call for Cybils Judges!!!

Hop on over to Cybils.com later today to apply to be a Round One or Round Two panelist or judge! It's a LOT of fun, and you will be extremely well-read in whatever division you choose by the end of the process. 

I am the evil overlord category chair for Middle Grade Realistic Fiction, and there are usually about 100-150 books to read for Round One. That group (5-7 people, usually including me!) recommends 5-7 books for the Round 2 people to read in January, and they decide the final winner. 

If you blog and you've never done this before, it's definitely something worth trying. The call for judges is open until mid-September, and nominations for books start around the 1st of October.


I'm super excited to be going to Mt. Vernon tomorrow for James Ponti's launch of Framed! It will be from 5:00-7:00 p.m. at Paragraphs Bookstore. I've never actually been to a book launch before, so this should be fun. I had the review of the book planned for today months ago-- it was a title I thought was exceptionally good. 

Mt. Vernon isn't far from here, and with school starting, the idea of getting in the car and driving somewhere instead of dragging my boot around our first Cross Country meet of the year sounds positively restful!

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy your book launch! I love author events. Here is what I did and read last week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder about Cybils judging, and have fun at the launching! It'll be a nice start before back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun at the book launch Karen. I am signed up to be part of a canadian reading group and think that is enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I've never been to a book launch either, sounds like a lot of fun, and a nice way to support a local author. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy the book launch! Coincidentally, I just book this book on hold at my library. It sounds so good. Thanks for the reminder about Cybils.

    ReplyDelete