Friday, April 07, 2017

Tending toward blather these days?

31123143Heldring, Thatcher. The Football Girl
4 April 2017, Delacorte Press

Review coming on Monday.

No, I don't know why I loved this book SO MUCH. I'm a little obsessed with it right now. I stalked the poor author on Twitter. I'm going to hunt down an 8th grade boy who's read all of the football books in the library and force him to take my public library copy to read after testing. I want to buy about ten copies. It gave me a horrible book hangover last night. You know, the kind where you close the book and you can't pick up anything else because the book was so good that all other books are dead to you. And you overuse italics. Whew.

Testing today. 5/7ths of the day spent relocating people and computers and dealing with tiny emergencies. This is the third day in a row. I don't mind testing-- I loved it when I was a student. But that was only two days. With makeups and whatnot, the library ends up being closed more than I would like. My students need to get into the library once a week, and I just never know if that is possible during most of April.

This has been the sort of year where every day has been jam packed with classes, research and students. Yesterday I was able to sit down for ten whole minutes and work on a power point during the school day. It takes some getting used to!

Plus, I'm wearing this t shirt AND JEANS at work today. And tennis shoes. It is truly a sign of the end times!

Go have a great weekend.

Ms. Yingling

1 comment:

  1. Because of my trust in you, I am going to check this one out :-).

    Hope you have a great weekend, Karen. Love the t-shirt! Enjoy wearing tennis shoes and jeans today.

    ReplyDelete